Monday 31 October 2011

Travelling the world...without the need of a passport!!

Today, I travelled 32,262km around the world...without a passport or a suitcase...and it only took me 10 minutes! How did I do it? Is that even possible?

Well, in Great Yarmouth it is. I was in the town this morning conducting a survey of the industry both in and out of the centre, when it occured to me that I needed an aerial photo of the area, and from filming here many years ago, I knew that the best place to get such a shot was on top of the Great Yarmouth Multi-storey car park.


Once I got the shot, I made my way back down, and it was on this journey that I realised what the 'car parking authorities' had done. I hadn't noticed this before but they had named each level with a country, city or town, and so as I going down the flight of stairs linking two levels, effectively I was travelling between two countries! (Well, obviously not literally but for a geographer like myself, I found it hard to resist not thinking about it this way!)

In case you're wondering, the list goes something like this:
Athens, Berlin, Cardiff, Dublin, Essex, Florence, Geneva, Hamberg, Istanbul, Jakarta, Kiev, London, Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment